[hts-users:00006] Re: HTS Query

Dear Terry Martin,

From: "Terry Martin" <tl.martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: HTS Query
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:59:56 +1000

> Dear Sir,
>
> I was extremely pleased to see that you work incorporates a
> number of tools which prove to be useful for speech science
> and thankyou for your efforts. Of most interest was a comment
> on HTK web page which stated that the latest version of HTS
> can do Context clustering based on MDL criterion (instead of
> ML one) . However I have been able to find any reference to
> this in your English drafted reference guide. If you could
> possibly direct me to papers you have published and some
> command line examples for using this I would be most grateful.
>
> Cheers
> Terry Martin PhD student
> Queensland University of Technology
> Australia

The following references would be helpful.

  Takayoshi Yoshimura, Keiichi Tokuda, Takashi Masuko, Takao
  Kobayashi and Tadashi Kitamura, ``Simultaneous modeling of
  spectrum, pitch and duration in HMM-based speech synthesis,''
  Proceedings of European Conference on Speech Communication and
  Technology, Budapest, Hungary, vol.5, pp.2347-2350, Sep. 1999.

  K. Shinoda and T. Watanabe, ``MDL-based context-dependent
  subword modeling for speech recognition,''
  J. Acoust. Soc. Jpn.(E), vol. 21, no. 2, pp.79-86, 2000.

  K. Shinoda and T. Watanabe, ``Acoustic modeling based on the
  MDL criterion for speech recognition,'' in
  Proc. EuroSpeech-97, Rhodes, vol. 1, pp. 99-102, 1997.

Other inquiries could be sent to "hts-users" mailing list.  See