[hts-users:00020] Re: ESPS get_f0

Hi Heiga & others,

Thank you for your answer.

>> 1) The size of *.raw files is always divisible by 32000. Why?
>> I don't think this is the case in the original Artctic files.
>> Is this necessary and do you just append silence to the end of the
>> files?
>
> No, it isn't necessary.
> I cut the header of wav files included in the original Arctic database by
> "sox" to make raw files in HTS-demo_CMU-ARCTIC-AWB.

Ah, this was my mistake. I looket at Arctic's jmk voice in which
the file sizes are more random. In cmu arctic awb the file size is indeed
n*32000+header and thus the raw files are of course n*32000.

>> 2) I got the ESPS from KTH's web site, but it's notoriously hard to
>> install
>> (at least in Linux and Cygwin/Windows).
>> Does anyone know of precompiled
>> packages or some other way to get ESPS's get_f0 working?

> the command "x2x" in SPTK can convert it into HTS-demo format.
>
> x2x +af f0.ascii > f0.binary   (ascii->float)

Get_f0 functionality is included in the Snack library so my second
problem is solved.
I'll have to get myself to an office Linux machine (since my home
Cygwin/Windows machine does not have tcsh, only bash) and figure out
what context dependent label stuff I want to use for Finnish.
After that I'll try to build my system and will probably come up
with plenty of new questions.

best regards,

 Nicholas Volk