[hts-users:00022] MSDINFO Parameters...

Hello,

I am bulding a monophone recognizer using mel-cepstral coefficients of order 24.  I have read the paper on MSD-HMM's and I want to make sure I understand it's correct implementation into the modified HMM prototype definition for HTK.  Is there any documentation that I have missed that explains the <MSDINFO> line?

From the  demo I extracted this line from the prototype:
~o <VecSize> 78 <USER> <MSDINFO> 4 0 1 1 1 <StreamInfo> 4 75 1 1 1

1. From looking at the code I can tell that the 4 represents the number of streams where the first stream is the spectrum and the last three belong to logf0 parameters.  However, what do the 0 and 1's mean?  I assumed that 0 meant 0-dimensions or discrete symbol.  But it is in the first stream position for the spectrum which is a continuous distribution.

2. Also, how does this line account for the unvoiced logf0 case?

For my work, I am using a 5 state (3 emitting), 32 mixture, single stream model with mel-cepstral, delta, and delta_delta parameters (75 in all).  I used the following line in my prototype definition

~o <VecSize> 75 <USER> <MSDINFO> 1 1 <StreamInfo> 1 75
<BeginHMM>
  <NumStates> 5
  <State> 2
  <Stream> 1
  <NumMixes> 32
   <Mixture> 1 0.03125
etc......

...And kept getting the following error
HMM Def Error: GetToken: Symbol expected at line 1/col 2/char 1 in /(dir)/fcjf0-sa1.cmp
  ERROR [+7050]  HMError:
HMM Def Error: LoadHMMSet: GetToken failed at line 1/col 0/char -1 /(dir)/fcjf0-sa1.cmp
  ERROR [+7050]  HMError:
  ERROR [+2028]  Initialise: LoadHMMSet failed
 FATAL ERROR - Terminating program /cluster/csip/emoore/htk/bin.linux/HCompV

May data files (*.cmp) were generated using essentially the same mkdata.pl script as in the demo, excluding the computation of logf0.  They were generated from 16-bit integer, 16Khz sampled raw data files and the HTK headers were added according to the script.

I'm trying to determine if there is something wrong with my HMM prototype definition or if the data files (*.cmp) have not been created properly.  I've only been using HTK for a few months now so this might be an obvious problem, but it's eluding me at the moment.  Thanks.

Dr. Elliot Moore II, Post Doc
Center for Signal and Image Processing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Electrical and Computer Engineering
email: emoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (ECE)
       em80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (GT)
WWW: users.ece.gatech.edu/~emoore
This message has been 'sanitized'.  This means that potentially
dangerous content has been rewritten or removed.  The following
log describes which actions were taken.

Sanitizer (start="1080919139"):
  Forcing message to be multipart/mixed, to facilitate logging.
  Writer (pos="1232"):
    Part (pos="1280"):
      Part (pos="200"):
        SanitizeFile (filename="unnamed.txt", mimetype="text/plain"):
          Match (rule="8"):
            ScanFile (file="/var/spool/filter/anomy/att-406d8463-HWN-unnamed.txt"):
              Scan succeeded, file is clean.

            Enforced policy: accept

      Part (pos="2848"):
        SanitizeFile (filename="unnamed.html", mimetype="text/html"):
          Match (rule="8"):
            ScanFile (file="/var/spool/filter/anomy/att-406d8467-202-unnamed.html"):
              Scan succeeded, file is clean.

            Enforced policy: accept

        Note: Styles and layers give attackers many tools to fool the
        user and common browsers interpret Javascript code found
        within style definitions.  References:
         - http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/630
         - http://archives.indenial.com/hypermail/bugtraq/2001/January2001/0512.html
        Rewrote HTML tag: >>_STYLE_<<
                      as: >>_DEFANGED_STYLE_<<
        Rewrote HTML tag: >>_/STYLE_<<
                      as: >>_/DEFANGED_STYLE_<<

    Total modifications so far: 2

Anomy 0.0.0 : Sanitizer.pm
$Id: Sanitizer.pm,v 1.54 2002/02/15 16:59:07 bre Exp $