[hts-users:00052] help

Dear Sir:

I was extremely pleased to see that your work incorporates a number of tools which prove to be every useful for speech science and thank you for all your efforts. I have some problems to ask for help. I will be every happy to see your reply as soon as possible. Thank you every much!

1 The "readme" downloaded from http://hts.ics.nitech.ac.jp/download.html instructs all programs can be compiled and can work on LINUX and UNIX workstations. However, how to comply and make them work properly under Windows?

2 The source code of HTS is downloaded from http://hts.ics.nitech.ac.jp/download.html .We can see the segment about speech synthesis. We can not find the segment about speech analysis.

3 The demo from http://kt-lab.ics.nitech.ac.jp/~tokuda/HTS_demo/hmm_vocoder/ show us the comparison of HTS of different bits/s, How to change the number of bits/s ?

4 The source code of HTS downloaded from http://hts.ics.nitech.ac.jp/download.html(named "HTS-1.1.1_for_HTK-3.2.1.tar.gz") can be compiled under Windows using the Visual Studio C compiler and the result are list below:

F:\HTS\HMM_Vocoder\Debug\HMM_Vocoder.exe - A compact HMM-based speech synthesis
engine

 usage:
F:\HTS\HMM_Vocoder\Debug\HMM_Vocoder.exe [ options ] [ infile ] > stdout options: [def] [min--
max]
      -td tree  : decision trees file for state duration           [N/A]
      -tf tree  : decision trees file for Log F0                   [N/A]
      -tm tree  : decision trees file for Mel-Cepstrum             [N/A]
      -md pdf   : model file for state duration                    [N/A]
      -mf pdf   : model file for Log F0                            [N/A]
      -mm pdf   : model file for Mel-Cepstrum                      [N/A]
      -df win   : window file for culcuration delta of log F0      [N/A]
      -dm win   : filename of delta coeffs for Mel-Cepstrum        [N/A]
      -of s     : filename of output F0                            [N/A]
      -om s     : filename of output mcep                          [N/A]
      -or s     : filename of output raw audio (generated speech)  [N/A]
      -vs       : use state alignment for duration                 [FALSE]
      -vp       : use phoneme alignment for duration               [FALSE]
-a f : all-pass constant [0.42][ 0.0-
-1.0]
-b f : postfiltering coefficient [0.00][-0.8-
-0.8]
-r f : control duration parameter [0.00][-1.0-
-0.0]
-fs f : multilply f0 [1.00][ 0.0-
-5.0]
-fm f : add f0 [0.00][ 0.0-
-100.0]
-u f : voiced/unvoiced threshold [0.50][ 0.0-
-1.0]
-l i : length of generated speech (in second) [N/A] [ 0.0-
-30.0]
 infile:
      label file
 stdout:
      label with frame number
 note:
      option '-d' may be repeated to use multiple
      delta parameters
      if 'd' is an integer, delta coefficients are
calculated based on a regression formula.

If we want to run the program successfully, we should get and set the environment config files (such as decision trees file for state duration Log F0,Mel-Cepstrum ;model file for state duration, Log F0,Mel-Cepstrum;window file for culcuration delta of log F0). However, how to get and set them?
Best wishes!
Yang Yi
ChipFocus Inc., 668 Beijing Road E., B501, Shanghai, China, 200001
Tel: 86-21-53560288
Fax: 86-21-53560298