[hts-users:00134] Re: about training files

Hi Heiga,

From the data available at http://kt-lab.ics.nitech.ac.jp/~tokuda/SPTK/EXAMPLE/data/data.tar.gz

I wanted to view the contents of sample.pdf, and you suggested that I should use the following command.

swab +l sample.pdf | dmp +i | less

What it is displaying is "
0       1073746642
1       1062188517
2       1057343085
3       1054048949
4       1051151622
5       1048457869
6       1044413388
7       1041567425
"

1. I think these numbers (You suggested that the first 4 bytes in the pdf file indicating the dimension of fetaure vector ) are too high, pls clarify, whether the command I used and the output is correct or not?

2. If I am not, I wanted to know how to view the contents of sample.pdf, and data.mcep.

3. A similar problem exists while viewing data,mcep (*using swab and dmp). How to know the formant of these files?

Thanks.
Kishore

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN) wrote:

Hi,

eem1lz wrote:

If you donot mind, I want to ask another question. The speech files I have got are provided by CMU. These file are recorded as *.wav format. If I want to use SPTK, these files need to be converted to *.raw format or other formats

without header.

I was doing the conversion one by one, but I realized that it is foolish to do the conversion in that way if we need a large mount of files. so is there any tool that can do it automatically for multi-files.

I always use sox to remove RIFF header like as follows:

for wav ./wav/*.wav
do
  raw=./raw/`basename $wav .wav`.raw
  sox -c 1 -s -w -t wav -r 16000 $wav -c 1 -s -w -t wav -r 16000 $raw
done

Please visit http://sox.sourceforge.net/ or type "sox -h" for details about sox.

Regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)