[hts-users:00161] Re: CMU-ARCTIC-AWB speech

Hi,

jiang yuan wrote:

I have Installed HTS-demo_CMU-ARCTIC-AWB , and try to synthesize
speech by HTS_1.1.1. but it sound less nature and cadenced than you demo in
the web. Because I had found many errors in the festival utterances for
CMU-ARCTIC-AWB, I want ask you :

1.did you use the festival utterances or improved labeling?
2.Is the questions for lab in HTS-demo_CMU-ARCTIC-AWB same to the web demo system used?

Completely the same data, labels, scripts, questions were used.

3.Is there any other way to improve my synthetic speech?

In demo on festival website, postfiltering-based formant emphasis is performed.
It improves the naturalness of synthetic speech very much.

You can perform postfiltering using hts_engine (-b option).
There is a thread which discussed about hts_engine and postfiltering.
Please see

	http://kt-lab.ics.nitech.ac.jp/hts-users/spool/2004/msg00002.html

for detail.

Regards,

Heiga Zen

  Heiga ZEN     (in Japanese pronunciation)
  Byung-Ha CHUN (in Korean pronunciation)

  Graduate School of Engineering
  Nagoya Institute of Technology
  Japan