[hts-users:00179] Re: adding new language

> You can check inside of the cmp files using "HList" command in HTS.
> If you are using the default setting, 1 -- 75-th dimensions of each frame
> of cmp files are corresponding to
> mcep+delta+delta^2, and 76 -- 78-th dimensions are corresponding to
> log(f0)+delta+delta^2.
> Usually, mel-cepstral coefficients range from -10 to +10.
> You can check its range using "minmax" command in the SPTK.
> In unvoiced region, log(f0) and its delta and delta^2 values must be
> -1.0e+10 (LZERO in HTK).
> And at voiced/unvoiced boundaries, delta & delta^2 values must be
> -1.0e+10.
> It is worth noting that sometimes this problem is caused from the
> difference between frame lengths of mcep and f0.

I've tried to check the content of the cmp files using HList as you said.
HList is unable to read the htk header from the cmp files as is shown bellow:

# /home/tomx/fei/htk/bin.linux/HList cmu_us_arctic_awb_a0001.cmp
  ERROR [+1113]  IsWave: cannot read HTK Header in File
cmu_us_arctic_awb_a0001.cmp
 FATAL ERROR - Terminating program /home/tomx/fei/htk/bin.linux/HList

If I understand it correctly - it means that the cmp files are corrupted?
What can be the reason?

Btw sample f0 file in human readable format (thanks Nicholas) can be found
at http://lo3.sk/sk0001.f0

Thanks you.

Regards,

Tomas Sykora