[hts-users:00191] Re: diffrences between merge and cat

First of all, I'm not a developer of the HTS system.
So, I'm not sure what I'm saying is right or not.

question 1

Is "hts_engine" better than the SPTK (in the "HTS-demo" , it uses SPTK )
when systhsizing the speech?

The c codes of "SPTK", "HTS" and "hts_engine" are opened in public.
If you look into them and compare them, you will find the answer.
They are basically same.

question 2
Are the .inf files and .pdf files more efficient than HMM files?

If you check the perl code, "Training.in" file, you will find the answer.
xxx.pdf files are HMM files.
More efficient?
I'm not the developer, but at least I can say, binary format is faster then ascii format to load.

Good luck.