[hts-users:00242] Re: about HTS-demo

Hi,

I merely said that Praat has the ability to calculate the pitch.
Nobody is going to go manually through hundreds of files,
but it's  relatively easy to write a Praat script to do the job.

Essentially it's just a simple loop which prints
the F0 value after every N milliseconds for the whole duration
of the input wave.
My twenty line script is proprietary code so I can't give it away.

PDA from Edinburgh is easier to use, but it's not too good with
creaky voices.

http://festvox.org/docs/speech_tools-1.2.0/x2152.htm

HTS people apparently use get_f0 from ESPS/Snack.
Section "Pitch and formant extraction" in
http://www.speech.kth.se/snack/tutorial.html#batch
for a similar example (which can not be used as such though).

regards,
  Nicholas