[hts-users:00321] Re: some questions about hts_engine and HTS_demo

Hi

lei liu wrote:

I have used
swab +f mcp.pdf | dmp +i | less (to review header parts)
swab +f mcp.pdf | dmp +f | less (to review distributions)

to see the mcp.pdf file in the hts-demo.

"mcp.pdf"   in  the hts-demo is as this

header
0        12313123
1        12121231

These values are weird so maybe your mcp.pdf is corrupted.
If you are using Big Endian arch machine such as SPARC or PowerPC, do not swap byte order.

pdf
0      0.123131

The first column,    I think it is  serial number.
what's the second column's mean.

Statistics.

another question
I aslo used     dmp +f   to open the ". mcep  " and ".pit" files that are
used to generate speech.
Here is the ".pit",

0    123.123123
1    324.234244

but I found  there are different numbers of value in
the two file.

maybe there are 14781 values int the  mcep file  but 777 int the pit file

if  " MCEPORDER   = 18 "   , does it mean there are 36 mels (static and
dynamic )  and  2 f0s  (static and dynamic).
so          f0's numbers  * 18 = mel's numbers

No.
The zero-th mel-cepstral coefficients (c0) are also included.
And generated mcep and pit do not include dynamic features.
finally  if  I want to modify some values in the .pit  file to modify
speech's characteristic,
what tool can I use to do that ?

You can shift f0 values using hts_engine but we don't have any tools to modify part of pitch values.

Regards,

Heiga Zen (Byung Ha Chun)

Heiga ZEN     (in Japanese pronunciation)
Byung Ha CHUN (in Korean pronunciation)

Nagoya Institute of Technology
Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555 Japan

http://kt-lab.ics.nitech.ac.jp/~zen