[hts-users:00412] Re: adaptation using HTS

Hi,

Sarah Creer wrote:

For this reason it seems that an adaptation method, that I have read about in some of the HTS group's publications, would be more suitable. From previous postings I read that HTS does not yet support speaker adaptation using HEAdapt so is this still currently true?

Yes and no.

Last week some members of HTS working group discussed about the final HTS-2.0 release
and we decided to include the speaker adaptation in this version.
Actually, some modifications to support the speaker adaptation for MSD-HMMs have already been made in HTS-2.0RC2.
Current implementation *probably* works, but it should be tested further and some essential functions have not been included yet.
I'll work on it this October, I hope I can it in HTS-2.0RC3.

Best regards,

Heiga Zen (Byung Ha Chun)

Heiga ZEN     (in Japanese pronunciation)
Byung Ha CHUN (in Korean pronunciation)

Nagoya Institute of Technology
Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555 Japan

http://kt-lab.ics.nitech.ac.jp/~zen