[hts-users:00469] Re: How to generate speech in HTS?

Hi,

Omer Moav wrote:

We saw in the mailing list that another option is to make .utt files by
festival, but how do we use them with HTS_engine to generate speech?

What is the simplest way for generating speech from text using HTS?

The most simple way is replacing pdf and inf files in festival voice by your own {mcp,lf0,dur}.pdf and tree-{mcp,lf0,dur}.inf.

For example, if you install cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts voice into festival, you can find pdf and inf files under festival/lib/voices/us/cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts/hts/ directory.
You synthesize speech with cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts voice by typing

$ festival

festival> (voice_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts)
festival> (SayText "Hello, world")

At that time, pdf and inf files under festival/lib/voices/us/cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts/hts/ is used to synthesize speech.
So if you replace them by your own pdf and inf files, you can get speech from your pdf and inf files.

Regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

Heiga ZEN     (in Japanese pronunciation)
Byung Ha CHUN (in Korean pronunciation)

Nagoya Institute of Technology
Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555 Japan

http://kt-lab.ics.nitech.ac.jp/~zen