[hts-users:00488] HMM-Based Speech Synthesis System HTS-2.0

We are please to inform you the release of our software

          The HMM-based Speech Synthesis System (HTS)
	    version 2.0 release December 29, 2006

for HMM-based speech synthesis.  We apologize if you receive
multiple copies.  Please check

   http://hts.ics.nitech.ac.jp/

A brief explanation of this software is attached bellow.

We would appreciate it if you would distribute this email to
anyone who would be interested in this software.

Best regards,
Keiichi Tokuda
tokuda@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://kt-lab.ics.nitech.ac.jp/~tokuda/

The HMM-based Speech Synthesis System (HTS) has been being
developed by the HTS working group and others (see Who we are
and Acknowledgements).  The basic core system of HTS is
implemented as a modified version of HTK and released as a form
of patch code to HTK.  The patch code is released under a
modified BSD-style license.  However, it should be noted that
once you apply the patch to the HTK, you must obey the license
of HTK.

HTS version 2.0 newly supports adaptation and adaptive training
based on MLLR.  MAP-based adaptation is also supported.  This
version has not included any text analyzer yet, but you can use
the Festival Speech Synthesis System as a text analyzer.  This
distribution includes demo scripts using CMU ARCTIC database
(English).  Six HTS voices for Festival 1.95 are also released.
They are based on our small synthesis engine which has been
included as a module of Festival.  Each of HTS voices can be
used without any other HTS tools.

For training Japanese voices, a demo script using the Nitech
database is also prepared.  Japanese voices trained by the demo
script can be used on GalateaTalk, which is a speech synthesis
module of an open-source toolkit for anthropomorphic spoken
dialogue agents developed in Galatea project.  An HTS voice for
Galatea trained by the demo script is also released.