[hts-users:00491] Re: HTK 2.0 hts_engine problem

Hi Heiga,

When I comment the byte swapping line in misc.cpp
I get the problem I described in my earlier mail:

   //HTS_ByteSwap(p, size, block);

If the line is uncommented I get an error:
"Error: LoadModelFiles: #duration pdf must be positive value (-419364864)."

I think that the error is caused by endianism.
Thus I'd expect the commented version work fine, but the content
of the created raw is not really speech.

My windows should be ok:

$ for i in `ls *win?`; do echo $i; cat $i; done
lf0.win1
1 1.0
lf0.win2
3 -0.5 0.0 0.5
lf0.win3
3 1.0 -2.0 1.0
mcp.win1
1 1.0
mcp.win2
3 -0.5 0.0 0.5
mcp.win3
3 1.0 -2.0 1.0

And a slightly different issue:
There's a bug in the Festival HTS version of RMS voice (at least):

$ festival
     Festival Speech Synthesis System 1.96:beta July 2004
          Copyright (C) University of Edinburgh, 1996-2004. All rights
reserved.          For details type `(festival_warranty)'
festival> (voice_nitech_us_rms_arctic_hts )
SIOD ERROR: unbound variable : ::
closing a file left open:
/home/Nicholas/festival/lib/voices/us/nitech_us_rms_arctic_hts/festvox/nitech_us_rms_arctic_hts.scm

(There's a mistyped comment that ought to be ";;".)

br,
  Nicholas