[hts-users:00502] Re: and Duration model

Hi,

Fang Li wrote:

In HTS-2.0,HRest can output duration models.In the duration model file,I saw that the DurKind is <.GEND>. What does <GEND> mean? Does it mean general model?

I don't know.
<GEND>, <POISSOND>, <GAMMAD>, <RELD>, and <NULLD> have been defined by HTK.
Only <GAUSSD> was added by HTS.
No information about DurKind is provided in HTKBook.

# We can guess the meaning of POSSIOND and GAMMAD.

HERest can also output duration models when the option -g was set. This invoke a function SaveDuration(fbInfo,durFN,GAUSSD). I believed it means a gaussian model of duration will be saved. Then I looked at the source code of SaveDuration.I found this line:
fprintf(fp,"~o\n<VECSIZE> %d<GEND><DIAGC><USER>\n",MaxN);
<GEND>, rather than <GAUSSD>, appears again!
Do they have the same meaning?

Currently DurKind is not used in any HTK/HTS routines.
So changing <GEND> to <GAUSSD> has no effect.

Regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

Heiga ZEN     (in Japanese pronunciation)
Byung Ha CHUN (in Korean pronunciation)

Nagoya Institute of Technology
Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555 Japan

http://kt-lab.ics.nitech.ac.jp/~zen