[hts-users:00544] Re: help in SPTK

Hi,

Mohammed Samir wrote:

BTW, why do you want to use mlpg in SPTK?
I think HMGenS in HTS-2.0 provides all functions
which you need.

Currently I don't want to build a big project just I
want to try synthysise 3 or 4 phonemes only because I
don't have suffcient data.
my plane was:
1-training using HTK3.3 by (HCopY, HInit and HRest).
2- produce pdf sequence from the traind HMM using
HMGenS.
3-generate parameters from this pdf sequence by
mlpg(of SPTK) .
4- use mlsadf (SPTK) to synthesise using generated
parameters.
is that possible?

It is possible but even a small project, I do recommend you to use HMGenS because it supports small model set and much more flexible than mlpg in SPTK.
Furthermore, mlpg in SPTK is not maintained for a long time.

this training (step 1) didn't include state durations,
How can I Add state durations in training to be fit
for HMGenS?

So which version of HTS are you using?
If you are using HTS-2.0, HRest can generate state duration pdf by specifying -g option.
If you don't, use HTS-2.0.

Regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

Heiga ZEN     (in Japanese pronunciation)
Byung Ha CHUN (in Korean pronunciation)

Nagoya Institute of Technology
Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555 Japan

http://kt-lab.ics.nitech.ac.jp/~zen