[hts-users:00578] cmu/nitech hts voices: no proclaim_voice?

I'm working on making updated packages of Festival for the Fedora Linux
distribution, and I'm planning on including the nitech_us_*_arctic_hts
voices.

However, I've run into a small problem. These voices don't seem to properly
have a proclaim_voice description (as described in festival/lib/voices.scm).
The gnome-speech program looks for this metadata to determine what voices
are available; if it's missing, they don't show up.

Currently, I'm patching in blocks like:

(proclaim_voice
 'nitech_us_slt_arctic_hts
 '((language english)
   (gender female)
   (dialect american)
   (description
    "US English female speaker SLT.")))

which works, but I'm wondering why it it's not there in the first place....

Thanks!

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx          <http://mattdm.org/>