[hts-users:00649] Re: F0 contours become flat

Hi,

> Perhaps measuring the RMSE in the F0 could show if the predicted contour
> with GV minimizes the error in comparison with the conventional method.

Note that the generation algorithm considering GV usually causes LARGER
errors compared with the conventional one. This tendency is observed in
both mel-cep and F0 generations.

The HMM likelihood for a parameter trajectory generated by the conventional
algorithm is too large compared with that for a natural one. This implies that we
don't have to maximize only the HMM likelihood. This point is described in th
following papers:

   T. Toda, A.W. Black, and K. Tokuda, ICASSP2005.
   T. Toda and K. Tokuda, IEICE, May 2007 (to appear).

Note that the ICASSP paper describes only the mel-cep generation in voice
conversion but we can see the similar result on the mel-cep and F0 generations
in HTS as well. Those HTS-results are described in the IEICE paper.

Thanks,
Tomoki Toda
  Nara Institute of Science and Technology
  E-mail: tomoki@xxxxxxxxxxx
  TEL: +81-743-72-5282
  FAX: +81-743-72-5289