[hts-users:00683] Re: mel-lsp extraction

Hi,

Ossama Abdel-Hamid wrote (2007/05/21 9:01):

I have a question about the features used in Blizzard challenges 2005 and 2006. In 2005 you used STRAIGHT to extract a smooth spectral envelop parameters, then extracted mel-cepstral parameters from that spectral envelop. And in 2006 you extracted mel-lsp coefficients. My question is how did you extract mel-cepstral or mel-lsp from the spectral envelop? Did you use any of the SPTK tools, or you wrote a tool for that?

We wrote a tool for extracting mel-generalized cepstral coefficients from spectral envelop.
Mel-generalized cepstral analysis includes LPC, mel-LPC, cepstral, and mel-cepstral analysis as its special case, so this tool can be used to extract mel-cepstral coefficients or mel-LSP.
This tool may be included in the next SPTK release.

Regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

Heiga ZEN     (in Japanese pronunciation)
Byung Ha CHUN (in Korean pronunciation)

Nagoya Institute of Technology
Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555 Japan

http://www.sp.nitech.ac.jp/~zen