[hts-users:00688] Re: HTS Training

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN) wrote :
2. Is it possible to increase the number of dimensions of "log f0" and its respective dynamic features? if not, would I have to change htk a lot, or would it be better to insert them as new "features".

Yes, you can increase the dimensionality of "log f0" (MSD) without any modifications.

Just a small footnote :

we (the lab I'm working in) have faced some problem with this : if you ever need to increase the number of streams in your model (e.g. to increase the dimensionality of log f0), be aware that default (HTS-patched) HTK accepts only 8 streams maximum (5 if non-patched).

This can be set to 10 streams by changing SMAX (in HShell.h) HTK's internal config variable and then recompiling HTK (then, stream's index go from 0 to 9 I think) but HTK seems to not support index above 9, therefore if you need more streams, you'll have to make some changes to the core code (not too difficult though, I don't have these changes right now, but if you need them I'll try to find them)

Anyone, please feel free to tell us if I'm wrong about this,

Regards,

Alexis