[hts-users:00698] Re: hts_engine: Phoneme Symbols

Hi,

Alexis Moinet wrote (2007/05/31 16:15):

And is there any other symbol I have to avoid?

You should avoid '*' and '?' because they are used as special characters for pattern matching. In HTK, '%' is also used as a special character, so it should also be avoided.

we had problems with @ too, moreover the "~" (tilde) (which is SAMPA symbol for nasalized phonemes) also causes problems and it looks like you cannot use numbers (e.g. 2 and 9 are X-SAMPA symbols in french but we couldn't use them as well)

Is this a bug of hts_engine or Linux/Windows file system restriction?
I think "~" is prepared to represent home directory on Linux.

Regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

Heiga ZEN     (in Japanese pronunciation)
Byung Ha CHUN (in Korean pronunciation)

Nagoya Institute of Technology
Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555 Japan

http://www.sp.nitech.ac.jp/~zen