[hts-users:00700] Re: hts_engine: Phoneme Symbols

> we had problems with @ too, moreover the "~" (tilde) (which is SAMPA
> symbol for nasalized phonemes) also causes problems and it looks like
> you cannot use numbers (e.g. 2 and 9 are X-SAMPA symbols in french but
> we couldn't use them as well)

There can definitely be numbers within the label.
I noticed once that the label can't start with a '|'.
Maybe this applies to digits and other non-alphabetic chars as well.
I guess that everything will work fine if the label begins with
a letter.

br,
  Nicholas