[hts-users:00703] Re: hts_engine: Phoneme Symbols

Hi,

Maria João Barros wrote (2007/05/31 18:09):

I also had problems with "@" symbol, but only in the Windows compilation. In Suse Linux I can use it. The problem is exactly the same, hts_engine just stops there. There are other symbols I had to avoid only for the windows version, but with those I could not even run the training, like "~" and Sampa symbols that are uppercase together with the same in lowercase (because windows is not not case sensitive).

At HTS_Process() in hts_engine.cpp

  /* parse label file */
  while (!feof(labfp)) {
     HTS_GetToken (labfp,buf);
     if (!isalnum(buf[0])) break;
     if (isdigit(buf[0]))

The above isalnum(buf[0]) checks whether the first character in each line is alphabet or digit.
isalnum('@')==0 -> hts_engine stops.
By commenting out this statement, you can use hts_engine with '@' and '@@' phonemes.

Regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

Heiga ZEN     (in Japanese pronunciation)
Byung Ha CHUN (in Korean pronunciation)

Nagoya Institute of Technology
Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555 Japan

http://www.sp.nitech.ac.jp/~zen