[hts-users:00807] Re: catalan hts voices: only silence is generated (sorry ... complete email now)

Nickolay,
It worked now. Thank you again for your help.
Toni

Antonio Bonafonte wrote:

In Catalan, the log file is very similar to the English one. The output
wav files have the appropriated duration .. but the amplitude does not represent speech: is almost zero, in some files, with a small pulse.
From my experience MLSA do generate complete silence with initial click
when predicted f0/mcep parameters aren't correct. For example if
different step is used or predicted f0 has negative sign in pau region
(this happens sometime too, I don't know why).
So the right way I think is to dump all predicted track and then look
for unusual things and their reason.
Dear Nickolay:
Than you very much for your accurate  comment.
The .lf0 files are almost void (4 bytes). When I generated the data
I saw a warning (error opening /dev/mixers) but I ignored it as the
files were created. Now I will check the problem.

Toni