[hts-users:00887] Re: Training by imposing decision trees

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN) wrote:
In this case parameters of generated MMF are equal to those of MMF used to construct decision trees. So you should re-estimate model parameters

Good point - I hadn't considered the case where the decision tree being imposed might have been trained on different data, I just thought about the case where it matched the data - although the case of differing data is obviously more likely and more interesting.

However, it may cause some segmentation errors at the first iteration of HERest if you use different training data to construct these two MMFs.

I think HERest offers a solution to this, called "2-model re-estimation" in which one model (the one trained on the target data, but before it is reclustered) is used to compute the forward-backward probabilities and these are then used to update the parameters of a second model (the re-clustered one). The tying schemes in the two models do not have to match. See the HTK book for details.

Simon