[hts-users:00946] Re: Questions about certain concepts

From: Tamer Fares <tamerfares@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [hts-users:00943] Re: Questions about certain concepts
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 11:44:17 +0000

> in the chapter of the Mel-Cpestral coefficients of the PHD Thesis of dr takashi masuko
> what 's menat by first order all-pass function

Equation (2.4) it self.

> and the warped frequency scale

The mel-cepstrum is defined on the warped frequency scale which
is given as the phase response of the first-order all-pass
function.  Note that we set the frequency warping parameter
"alpha" in such a way that the phase response provides a good
approximation to the auditory frequency scale, e.g., mel-scale.

Keiichi Tokuda
tokuda@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.sp.nitech.ac.jp/~tokuda/