[hts-users:01008] Re: about computation load

Hi,

lixiulin wrote (2007/11/26 13:59):

I am planing to train a large speech corpus with 400,000 syllables or so. I knew from mailing list that a 64-bit system is helpful, but how about the computer/machine? A server or a PC? How about the time for training such a DB?

Can you tell me how large your database is in hours?

The speech data is about 20 hours or so.

I used 12xPentiumD 3.2GHz machines (4GB RAM) to train 5 hours of speech data, it took a day. So if you have similar computational resources, it may take 4 days.

Note that training 5 hours of speech data consumed about 3GB RAM, so training 20 hours of speech data may require 15GB (if you don't use any trick to reduce memory).

Regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

Heiga ZEN     (in Japanese pronunciation)
Byung Ha CHUN (in Korean pronunciation)

Nagoya Institute of Technology
Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555 Japan

http://www.sp.nitech.ac.jp/~zen