[hts-users:01055] MARY TTS 3.5.0 with HTS-based HMM synthesis in Java

Hi,

Heiga Zen suggested that we post this to the hts-users list, which I am happy to do.

Our TTS system MARY has just been released [1] in a new version (3.5.0) featuring a new HMM-based speech synthesis component based on HTS. Marcela Charfuelan from the DFKI Speech Group has implemented it in Java, by porting the HTS code including GV and adding mixed excitation.

The code is available as open source under the BSD-style OpenMary license [2].

The current release ships with English voices trained from three Arctic databases from CMU. Four German voices are also available (German components available under a research license [3]).

There is a voice building toolkit [4] shipping with this release; as it stands, this toolkit can be used to build unit selection voices. We have also adapted the HTS training scripts to use full context models predicted by MARY TTS, but we need to clean them up a bit before releasing them.

You are welcome to try it out!

Be warned, however, that Marcela is away from DFKI until mid January; she can answer technical questions when she is back.

Best regards,
Marc Schröder, for the DFKI Speech Group

[1] http://mary.dfki.de/Download/mary-3-5-0-released
[2] http://mary.dfki.de/download/MARY%20software%20user%20agreement.html
[3] http://mary.dfki.de/download/DFKI%20MARY%20software%20user%20agreement.html
[4] http://mary.opendfki.de/wiki/VoiceImportToolsTutorial

--
Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher
DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123 Saarbrücken, Germany