[hts-users:01171] wav to raw format

Hello,

I am trying to use the hts and to train a model. I have run the ready demo HTS-demo_CMU-ARCTIC-SLT.

I want to use the other voices of arctic so I have to create raw files form wav files and lab files from utt files.

I have found form a previous email in the forum a script for converting wav to raw files.

for wav ./wav/*.wav
do
  raw=./raw/`basename $wav .wav`.raw
  sox -c 1 -s -w -t wav -r 16000 $wav -c 1 -s -w -t wav -r 16000 $raw
done

the only thing it does, is to change the file extension .wav to .raw, nothing more. How can I convert the wav files to raw files? Is there another script?

In the readme file in the demo it says that the files must be: 16kHz raw audio (2-byte short, little endian).

I am working on windows and cygwin (windows use big endian I think). Is there going to be a problem with the raw files?

Lazaridis Alexandros

Electrical and Computer Engineer

PhD Student

Artificial Intelligence Group
Wire Communications Laboratory
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
University of Patras
Patras 265 00,
Greece

Email: alaza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx