[hts-users:01220] Re: WER Comparison of HTK and HTS

Hi,

I didn't use any new functions of HTS such as HSMM, CSMAPLR
and so on although I know they could improves WER more.

What I did is to run RMTHTK/RM RECIPE using HTS binary files
instead of HTK binary files (though I slightly changed the
training procedures and configuration variables to reflect our 'HTS Recipe').

Thus, in theory, there is no differences between them. What I confirmed is "accuracy" of HTS, in other words, Heiga's magic (bug fix, flooring, and so on).

For details, please see RMHTK.

Junichi

On 2008/03/12, at 16:43, Sacha Krstulovic wrote:

    Hi Junichi;

Junichi Yamagishi wrote:
> I compared HTS with HTK for speech recognition purpose.

Thanks for announcing this.

Your message may leave the hts-user hungry for
a bit more information:

What did you use for the decoding: WFSTs or Simon's
HVite-based recipe? (Or did you not use HSMMs at all?)

Did you use a language model? If yes, what kind of LM?

What kind of questions did you use for the state clustering:
quinphones only, or quinphones+phonological features, or
a full set of TTS-like context features, or something else?

Would you please remind us what are the other relevant
system differences between HTK and HTS, besides
the MDL criterion and possibly the HSMMs? E.g.,
did you use semi-tied covariances?

Is it planned to release MPE as part of HTS-2.1?
Would MPE then apply to the HSMMs as well?

Thanks and best regards;
                               -*- Sacha K. -*-
--
Dr.Sacha Krstulovic - Research Engineer