[hts-users:01261] Re: Questions about HERest

Hi,

First of all, my name is Junichi Yamagishi.

On 2008/03/25, at 14:11, paminy wrote:
Hi,jyamagis
I am puzzled by the HERest in the log.I cann't understand the sentences fellow the HERest.
The sentences are:

 System is PLAIN
 ... ...

Utterance prob per frame = 7.804060e+01
Total 199 floored variance elements in 199 different mixes
Saving hmm's to dir /HTSdemo/models/qst001/ver1/cmp
Reestimation complete - average log prob per frame = 7.809162e+01

What does these 5 sentences mean?

Thank you for advance !

Although you should check HTKbook first, I roughly explain.

Utterance prob per frame = 7.804060e+01

this means log likelihood of the last utterance.

Total 199 floored variance elements in 199 different mixes

This means the number of samples where estimated diagonal covariance elements
become smaller than fixed values called "floor" and are forced to set to
the floor values instead of the estimated elements.

Saving hmm's to dir /HTSdemo/models/qst001/ver1/cmp

Output directory of mmf files.

Reestimation complete - average log prob per frame = 7.809162e+01

This means average log likelihood of all the utterances.

Junichi Yamagishi
CSTR