[hts-users:01288] Duration Modelling

Hi,

I've read some papers concerning the duration modeling (in special Yoshimura et al. 1998) and I understand the great advantages of using a decision-trees. However it seems that the questions at each node are different depending on the previous nodes.... probably a bit of pseudo-code can help me to explain:

(the IFs will represent the nodes)

IF A THEN
   IF B THEN
      (...)
ELSE
   IF C THEN
      (...)

From the papers questions B and C are different, so if we have A a set of questions will be made, if we have NOT A a different set of questions will be made.

Shouldn't all the questions be made in all the data subspaces ? I mean, question B can be important if we have NOT A.

Could you share with my some opinions on this ?
Many thanks,
Paco