[hts-users:01300] Endianism problems

Hi all,

I'm trying to build run the HTS 2.1 RC1 demo script using Cygwin/Windows.

However, it fails in "hts_engine (synthesizing waveforms using
hts_engine)", mpre specifically when loading gv[0] (GV for spectrum) (see
hts_engine.c) fails
with a failed memory allocation:

"Error: HTS_calloc: Cannot allocate memory 1065992344/4."

The exact line which fails is

         model->pdf[j] =
             (double **) HTS_calloc(model->npdf[j], sizeof(double *));

in HTS_model.c.

The huge number implies an endianism issue.
Am I correct, when I presume that your native architectures are
high-endian ones? (I've had similar problems in the past but there it was
easy enough for me to find the appropriate line and change the read
endianism. The latest version seems far more complex at the first sight as
the same code is used with success earlier on. Will look at this more
later.)

br,
  Nicholas Volk