[hts-users:01378] Re: HTS License

Hi,

Sacha Krstulovic wrote (2008/04/15 17:58):

 > Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
 > modification, are permitted [...]
-- vs --
 > /* Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to use and         */
 > /* distribute this software and its documentation without           */
 > /* restriction, including without limitation the rights to use,     */
 > /* copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or     */
 > /* sell copies of this work, and to permit persons to whom this     */
 > /* work is furnished to do so, [...]

Your version is more explicit and clearer than BSD about what
one can do with the software. I think that BSD is too vague
about this, and leaves too much room for questioning or
interpretation.

Other than that BSD seems fine to me.

How about describing
 > /* Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to use and         */
 > /* distribute this software and its documentation without           */
 > /* restriction, including without limitation the rights to use,     */
 > /* copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or     */
 > /* sell copies of this work, and to permit persons to whom this     */
 > /* work is furnished to do so, [...]

these kind of things in the README file and attaching the simplified BSD license
to the source codes?

Best regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

Heiga ZEN     (in Japanese pronunciation)
Byung Ha CHUN (in Korean pronunciation)

Nagoya Institute of Technology
Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555 Japan

http://www.sp.nitech.ac.jp/~zen