[hts-users:01435] No configure script in package hts_engine_API-0.99.tar.bz2

    Hello HTS-developers;

There is no configure script delivered in the hts_engine_API-0.99.tar.bz2
package, but only the configure.ac source.
I don't know if this was intentional, given that:

- the standard practice with autoconf/automake is to
  distribute the configure script in the tarfile. This practice
  aims at making the installation fail safe since the configure
  script is made of sh shell (which should be available on all
  Unix systems), whereas the availability of autoconf/automake
  and their different versions may vary at the user's end.
  (And indeed I have problems re-generating the configure script
  locally, due to missing or incompatible M4 macros in my
  autoconf install.)

- normally, the "make dist" target should include the configure
  script automatically for you while generating the .tar.gz file
  for your distribution. Are you using "make dist" to make
  the package?

I hope this helps;
                                  -*- Sacha K. -*-
--
Dr.Sacha Krstulovic - Research Engineer
Toshiba Research Europe Limited

begin:vcard
fn:Sacha Krstulovic
n:Krstulovic;Sacha
org:Toshiba Research Europe Limited - Cambridge Research Laboratory;Speech Technology Group
adr:;;260 Science Park, Milton Road;Cambridge;;CB4 0WE;United Kingdom
email;internet:sacha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Research Engineer
tel;work:+44 1223 436 978
tel;fax:+44 1223 436 909