[hts-users:01437] Re: No configure script in package hts_engine_API-0.99.tar.bz2

Hi,

Sacha Krstulovic wrote (2008/06/17 4:54):

There is no configure script delivered in the hts_engine_API-0.99.tar.bz2
package, but only the configure.ac source.
I don't know if this was intentional, given that:

- the standard practice with autoconf/automake is to
  distribute the configure script in the tarfile. This practice
  aims at making the installation fail safe since the configure
  script is made of sh shell (which should be available on all
  Unix systems), whereas the availability of autoconf/automake
  and their different versions may vary at the user's end.
  (And indeed I have problems re-generating the configure script
  locally, due to missing or incompatible M4 macros in my
  autoconf install.)

- normally, the "make dist" target should include the configure
  script automatically for you while generating the .tar.gz file
  for your distribution. Are you using "make dist" to make
  the package?

This is intensional, as you can seen in src/INSTALL,

1. After unpacking the sources, cd to the hts_engine_API/src directory.
2. Run autotools to generate configure script and Makefile.
  % aclocal
  % automake -a -c
  % autoconf
3. Run configure script with appropriate options..
  % ./configure
  For detail,please see
  % ./configure --help
4. Run make.
  % make
5. Install library and binary
  % make install

we intend to run autotools to generate configure script before compiling.
If it's inconvenient, we are happy to release .tar.gz package generated by "make dist".

Best regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

Heiga ZEN     (in Japanese pronunciation)
Byung Ha CHUN (in Korean pronunciation)

Nagoya Institute of Technology
Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555 Japan

http://www.sp.nitech.ac.jp/~zen