[hts-users:01440] Re: No configure script in package hts_engine_API-0.99.tar.bz2

  Hi;

we intend to run autotools to generate configure script before compiling.
If it's inconvenient, we are happy to release .tar.gz package generated by "make dist".

Then IMHO it is more convenient to include configure into the package
and to alleviate the dependency on autotools being installed on the user
side (for the reasons mentioned in my previous message).
What do other users think about this?
I respect the fact that configure is not included into the package
(I did indeed read the INSTALL file), but I am not sure that
I understand why it was done this way rather than "make dist".

Thanks;
                            -*- Sacha K. -*-
--
Dr.Sacha Krstulovic - Research Engineer
Toshiba Research Europe Limited

begin:vcard
fn:Sacha Krstulovic
n:Krstulovic;Sacha
org:Toshiba Research Europe Limited - Cambridge Research Laboratory;Speech Technology Group
adr:;;260 Science Park, Milton Road;Cambridge;;CB4 0WE;United Kingdom
email;internet:sacha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Research Engineer
tel;work:+44 1223 436 978
tel;fax:+44 1223 436 909