[hts-users:01464] Trying new language on HTS

dear sir,

We are trying Dzongkha language on HTS. What we have done is training a
set of speech using HTS-demo_CMU_ARTIC_SLT as a template without using
DUMPFEATS of festival and setting up a training set as :
	- 53 phnemes ( consonants,  vowels) with 2 tones
	- 509 sentences (cover all diphone)
	- and automatic labelling using htk flat start.
After we trained the script, we found that if we use full format of
label file for generating speech - like

0       11900001 q_q-$+m=i/A:0
11900000        13300000 q_$-m+i=ph/A:0
13300000        15100000 $_m-i+ph=e/A:0
15100000        16100000 m_i-ph+e=l/A:0
16100000        17000000 i_ph-e+l=ph/A:0

we can get a good synthesized speech. But if we use only

q_q-$+m=i/A:0
q_$-m+i=ph/A:0
$_m-i+ph=e/A:0
m_i-ph+e=l/A:0
i_ph-e+l=ph/A:0

we got very small speech - like a half of a syllable.

Did we do anything wrong? Is our number of sentences too small?
Could you please suggest us?

Best regards,

Anocha Rugchatjaroen
Human Language Technology (HLT) Lab
112 Phahonyothin Rd., Klong 1, Klong Luang,
Pathumthani 12120
THAILAND

Tel.  (+66) 2 564-6900 Ext. 2231
Fax. (+66) 2 564-6873