[hts-users:01537] Re: How to create a new Syllable based Database - for an Indian Language

The only other reference I can think of is "CMU ARCTIC databases for speech synthesis" by John Kominek and Alan W Black

(available on festvox site : http://festvox.org/cmu_arctic/cmu_arctic_report.pdf)

it explains the construction of the arctic database (i.e. the DB used in HTS demo)

Vinodh Vishwanath wrote :
  Can u please provide directions/pointers as to where can i get the
appropriate information to build a syllable based database & use HTS for Speech
Synthesis. I was reding about the festival framework from the link -
http://festvox.org/festvox/book1.html ( currently i have read upto- Building
Prosodic Models -section ) , but i have not yet got a clear picture of the
necessary steps to be taken for building a syllable based database, so that i
can jus replace the database in the HTS demo script with the Newly created
Syllable based database & then perform synthesis using HTS . Any kind of
direction/help would be greatly appreciated.