[hts-users:01560] Re: HTS-based products

Hi,

Alexis Moinet wrote (2008/07/28 11:27):

I would think that Nuance might be using some sort of statistical synthesis too.

see http://www.nuance.com/news/pressreleases/2007/20070327_speech.asp

though they don't *explicitly* mention it in that press release, the description of the system matches the description of HMM-based speech synthesis quite well.

Yeah, it specifications sound like statistical parametric synthesis. I also listened its speech samples, they were quite smooth and intelligible. However, as you mentioned, there is no explicit descriptions about its background technology :-( So it's unable to list it in our publication...

Best regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

 Heiga ZEN     (in Japanese pronunciation)
 Byung Ha CHUN (in Korean pronunciation)