[hts-users:01589] Re: GV causes clipping

Hi,

Geoffrey Wilfart wrote:

I had something similar, and noticed that, at least under Unix, when you cast an out-of-(short) range double to a short, it systematically gets -32768 as a value.

I did fix this by normalizing the sample values before casting them to shorts.

It's one of the possible solutions but we have to finish synthesizing before playing speech. It causes long delay and it is a critical problem on some applications.

Personally I think that reducing the GV factor (as Nicholas mentioned) is a reasonable solution for this problem.

Best regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

--
Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)