[hts-users:01603] Re: GV causes clipping

Hi,

Leon Zhang wrote (2008/07/31 7:32):

I am interesting at the voice quality improvement by GV, who can tell me your observation? I am using lsp to build HTS system, is GV able to improve voice quality too?

GV is effective for LSPs, but usually its improvement is relatively smaller than that with mel-cepstral coefficients. Furthermore, the use of GV with LSPs sometimes causes disorders of LSPs, it means that the synthesis filter becomes unstable. Rearranging LSPs by post-processing can avoid it, but it introduces artifacts in synthesized speech.

Best regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

 Heiga ZEN     (in Japanese pronunciation)
 Byung Ha CHUN (in Korean pronunciation)