[hts-users:01608] Re: hts_engine API version 1.01 & Flite+hts_engine version 0.90

Hi all,

Keiichiro Oura wrote:

We are please to inform you the release of our software

  hts_engine API version 1.01
  Flite+hts_engine version 0.90

We also moved the hts_engine website to Sourceforge.  Please
check

  http://hts-engine.sourceforge.net/

I think I should add some explanation about this.

Currently, both HTS and hts_engine are developed and maintained by HTS-WG. However, we are willing to make it more open in near future (e.g., direct access to their CVS repositories). For this purpose, it is natural to use SourceForge rather than our internal websites and repositories.

However, as you know, HTS is released as a patch code to HTK because the license of HTK prohibits re-distribution. Therefore, it is unable to put it on SourceForge.

On the other hand, hts_engine was written from the scratch by us. So there is no license issues. Therefore, we decided to separate hts_engine from HTS itself and move it to SourceForge.

I should note that there is still close relationship between these two projects (e.g., both of them are maintained by Keiichiro Oura). However, in principle, they became different projects.

Best regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

--
Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)