[hts-users:01829] Re: having problem patching HTS-2.1 for HTK-3.4 with tar.gz files

patch is a GNU/linux program

In order to obtain and use it with windows you need to install either cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com/), minGW (http://www.mingw.org/) or GNUwin32 (http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm).

Alexis

PS: I had some trouble with my e-mail lately, Mohamed did you get my answer to your questions about "Installing HTS under windows" ?

Mohamed Abdou a écrit :
Dear All,
 I have downloaded HTK3.4 successfully and working under windows cmd. I passed the tutorial of HTK book and every thing is ok till now. To synthesize speech as I read so far I have downloaded Hdecode and HTS-2.1. as they should be patched under windows or linux. I failed patchingunder windows. I unzipped the HTS and copied all files contained in HTS folder into the htk folder same with Hdecode i copied the whole folder in htk. Then I have gone to windows cmd and tried

e:\HTK-3.4\htk\patch -p1 -d . < HTS-2.1_for_HTK-3.4.patch

the error was patch is not recognized as internal or external command.

any one could help me as i have my wave files and i want totrain HMMs and synthesize Arabic speech.

Best Regards

Mohamed A. Al Moghalis