[hts-users:01832] Re: having problem patching HTS-2.1 for HTK-3.4 with tar.gz files

Hi Mohamed,

sorry for "not responding", as I said there are some problems with my e-mails recently (some seem to be dropped silently :-s)

here is the answer I tried to send :

Hi Mohamed

here are the steps (as far as I can remember, I'm using Linux now) :

1. Download and install cygwin
2. re-run the cygwin install. it will propose a list of program to install, I think you should at least select make, gcc and sox if they are not already installed.
3. download htk-3.4 (and hdecode) *for linux* (not windows) and HTS-2.1 (and hts-demo in case you want the demo)
4. unzip htk and hts in some cygwin folder (e.g. : open windows explorer and unzip them in c:\cygwin\home\mohamed)
5. open cygwin environment (it's a linux-like command line). Normally it will open with /home/mohamed as its current folder (type "pwd" to check). Then follow the step from hts install instruction (patch htk + ./configure + make + make install + the make for hdecode (the exact command-line for hdecode is given once the first "make" succeeds)).
5.1. in case the HTS patch to htk returns some errors, you will have to apply manually the part of the patch that didn't work (usually, it's just a few line to change in one or two files). This is generally due to windows.
5.2. in case the ./configure doesn't work, it's usually due to some missing component : return to step 2 and install the missing component
6. ...
7. enjoy !

Alexis

Alexis

Mohamed Abdou a écrit :
Dear Alexis,
I have sent you an email lately, that's  why I wnondered why you didn't reply me. Aren't there any way to patch HTS under windows that's one.
two: I already installed cygwin and I installed the HTk successfully (except HSLab) then ihave downloaded HTS demo Hdecode as i mentioned before and i cann't proceed to the next step. waiting for  reply
thanx for your help
Mohamed