[hts-users:01848] [Fwd: [SynSIG] Researcher position at Toshiba R&D Center Japan]

Title:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SynSIG] Researcher position at Toshiba R&D Center Japan
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 09:45:11 +0900
From: Masami Akamine <masa.akamine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <synsig@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Corporate Research and Development Center

1,KOMUKAI TOSHIBA-CHO, SAIWAI-KU, KAWASAKI, JAPAN

PHONE: +81-44-549-2124

FACSIMILE: +81-44-520-1308

Researcher Position in TTS at Special Laboratory, RDC, Japan

Toshiba is a leading provider of speech solutions. We develop and commercialize ASR and TTS systems mainly used in embedded applications. Our TTS engines are widely used for car navigation systems in Japan. We are working together with Toshiba speech groups in Cambridge, UK and Beijing, China to expand our business to the overseas market.

We are seeking a research scientist in speech synthesis. The researcher will be targeted towards investigating parametric synthesizers used for HMM synthesis. The motivation here is to estimate parameters of synthesis filters to produce high quality speech.

Duration:

·         Available after April 2009.

Location:

·         Special Laboratory at RDC. The Center is situated in Kawasaki, between Tokyo and Yokohama. http://www.toshiba.co.jp/rdc/index.htm

Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:

·         PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or physics.

·         Good knowledge of signal processing, experience with speech synthesis and HTK.

·         Proficiency in general computing tools.

·         Good knowledge of C, C++.

·         Fluency in English.

Other Information:

·         We offer an attractive salary and benefit package. Japanese lessons will be provided to facilitate the candidates stay in Japan.

Contact:

·         masa.akamine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·         Electronic applications preferred. Please include a covering letter, your CV and the names of two referees.

 Masami Akamine, PhD.
 Special Lab.
 Toshiba Research and Development Center
 1, Komukai Toshiba-cho, Saiwai-ku, Kawasaki,
 212-8582 Japan
 Tel: +81-44-549-2124
 email: masa.akamine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--