[hts-users:01885] Call for participation in the Blizzard Challenge 2009 - please register now.

message from Simon King <Simon.King@xxxxxxxx> to blizzard-discuss
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
I am pleased to make this final announcement and call for
participation for the Blizzard Challenge 2009.  This is an open
evaluation of corpus-based speech synthesis systems using common
datasets and a large listening test.

This year we have a UK English corpus from the University of
Edinburgh and a Mandarin Chinese corpus + labels generously
provided by iFLYTEK.  The licenses for the databases will be
available via the website shortly - they will be similar to
those used last year.

Please read the full announcement and the rules at

  http://www.synsig.org/index.php/Blizzard_Challenge_2009

We are aiming to release the data on 2nd February 2009, so
please register as soon as possible.

regards,
Simon King (on behalf of the committee: Alan W. Black, Simon
King and Keiichi Tokuda)