[hts-users:01901] Fwd: Job ad

HMM TTS Research Engineer
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd, Cambridge Research Lab (CRL)
http://www.toshiba-europe.com/research/crl/index.html

We are looking for a research engineer to contribute to the creation of HMM TTS systems. Our goal is to develop innovative technology for deployment in products. You will join a world class team including Heiga Zen, one of the creators of the HTS toolkit. You will have the opportunity to publish and present papers at international scientific conferences.

Required skills:
- Bachelors degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science
- PhD in related subject or equivalent industry expertise
- Good knowledge of HMMs and statistical pattern processing
- Good software skills in C, Python and Linux
- Good English and communication skills

Preferred skills:
- Track record in field of HMM TTS
- Experience of speech synthesis systems
- Industrial coding experience
- Experience of working in a team
- Knowledge of other major European languages
- Experience in the field of speech synthesis systems

The CRL Speech Technology Group (STG) is a multinational team of dynamic individuals. We perform mid-to-long term research for Toshiba’s speech recognition and synthesis systems. We work in collaboration with our speech groups in Toshiba RDC, Japan, and Toshiba China. CRL also contributes to the development of systems for deployment in North America and Europe. Based in the beautiful city of Cambridge, England, we have close links with the University of Cambridge.

Applicants should send a CV and a covering letter to
stg-jobs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Questions or requests for further details can be sent to Kate Knill at the same email address.

Closing date for applications: 6 March 2009

--
Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)