From: Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN) <heiga.zen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [hts-users:01925] Re: Parallel training by HERest
To: hts-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 3:55 PM

Hi,

tshlmail-hts@xxxxxxxxx wrote (2009/04/01 23:20):

> As far as I know, HERest supports parallel training as follows:
>
> # non-parallel:
> HERest -S trlist -I labs -H dir1/hmacs -M dir2 hmmlist
> # parallel (equivalent to the above command)
> HERest -S trlist1 -I labs -H dir1/hmacs -M dir2 -p 1 hmmlist # Part 1
> HERest -S trlist2 -I labs -H dir1/hmacs -M dir2 -p 2 hmmlist # Part 2
> HERest -H dir1/hmacs -M dir2 -p 0 hmmlist dir2/*.acc
# Merging

> It is obvious that only the training set is split.

Yes.

> My current problem is that I have a huge model file (i.e. dir1/hmacs being
huge) and insufficient memory. So I am going to split the huge model file as
well into small ones, such that each of them corresponds to a partial training
list (i.e. trlist*). In other words, I wonder if the following commands work:

> HERest -S trlist1 -I labs1 -H dir1/hmacs1 -M dir2 -p 1 hmmlist1 # Part
1
> HERest -S trlist2 -I labs2 -H dir1/hmacs2 -M dir2 -p 2 hmmlist2 # Part
2
> HERest -H dir1/hmacs -M dir2 -p 0 hmmlist dir2/*.acc
# Merging

> I tried this way today but got an error numbered +7150. I am not sure
whether HERest supports splitting
> not only a training set but also a corresponding model file.

HTK doesn't support such split, so HTS also doesn't support it.

Best regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

-- Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)
Speech Technology Group