[hts-users:01964] Re: Polish hts voice - question and win file problems

Hi,
The risk is if you have phones like, e.g. t^s and t.
In that case, question pattern "t^s^*" will obviously also match "t^*", which may lead your phone t^s to be wrongly classified.
I believe that as a generic rule, you should adopt a representation of the phones that causes no ambiguity on the labels.
I had the same issue, and chose to replace special characters by other strings (2-letter strings in my case).
Best is probably to replace your phones in the .utt files, so that I think you will be able to use the demo tools through the rest of your training process (labels generation, questions, etc.)
For test, you might need to modify also tools that will generate the labels before synthesis.
The *.win files are used to generate derivatives of your coefficients through the window.pl script. The first value (integer) indicates the number of coefficients to read, i.e. the window length.
The coefficients are weights to the parameters.
For instance, the mgc.win2 file extracts deltas from MGC coefficients. It states:
3 -0.5 0.0 0.5
meaning that d[t] = -0.5*x[t-1] + 0.5*x[t+1]
where x[t] is the value of the coefficient at time t, and d[t] the corresponding delta.
Hope that helps,
Geoffrey